Tsonga returns to ATP ranking top 10
A file photo shows French tennis player Jo-Wilfried Tsonga during his match against Russian Andrey Kuznetsov during the Madrid Open tournament in Madrid, Spain, May 8, 2017. EPA/KIKO HUESCA
Madrid, Jun 19 (efe-epa).- Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga returned to the top 10 of the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) ranking released on Monday, rising to 10th place to replace German Alexander Zverev, who descended to 12th.
The rest of the top 10 witnessed no changes, with Briton Andy Murray in the lead, followed by Spaniard Rafael Nadal and then Swiss Stan Wawrinka.
The current ATP rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Andy Murray (UK) 9,390 points
2. Rafael Nadal (SPAIN) 7,285
3. Stan Wawrinka (SWITZERLAND) 6,175
4. Novak Djokovic (SERBIA) 5,805
5. Roger Federer (SWITZERLAND) 4,765
6. Milos Raonic (CANADA) 4,150
7. Marin Cilic (CROATIA) 4,025
8. Dominic Thiem (AUSTRIA) 3,895
9. Kei Nishikori (JAPAN) 3,785
10. Jo-Wilfried Tsonga (FRANCE) 3,040.