Angelique Kerber continues to lead WTA rankings, Konta rises to 7th position
A file photo shows German tennis player Angelique Kerber returning a ball to Estonian Anett Kontaveit during the second round match of the Italian Open that both disputed in the Italic Forum, Rome, May 17, 2017. EFE/ETTORE FERRARI
Madrid, Jun 19 (efe-epa).- German Angelique Kerber continued to lead the Women's Tennis Association rankings released on Monday with 6,965 points.
This week saw the rise of the United Kingdom's Johanna Konta to seventh place, replacing Danish Caroline Wozniacki who fell to eighth.
No other changes took place in the top 10, with Romanian Simona Halep still in second position, followed by Czech Karolina Pliskova.
The current WTA rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Angelique Kerber (GERMANY) 6,965 points
2. Simona Halep (ROMANIA) 6,850
3. Karolina Pliskova (CZECH REPUBLIC) 6,690
4. Serena Williams (USA) 4,810
5. Elina Svitolina (UKRAINE) 4,765
6. Dominika Cibulkova (SLOVAKIA) 4,420
7. Johanna Konta (UK) 4,400
8. Caroline Wozniacki (DENMARK) 4,345
9. Svetlana Kuznetzova (RUSSIA) 4,310
10. Agnieszka Radwanska (POLAND) 3,985.